How To Safely Give CBD To Your Pet
The best advice for giving CBD to your pet is to always know the total milligrams (mg) of CBD in the product you are using. For the most part, every company’s CBD products are going to contain different concentrations and doses in each product; not every CBD product is the same. It’s extremely important to check the total mg as well as the milligrams (mg) per serving size. Choosing the right CBD for your pet can be frustrating due to the lack of research, but, we hope this short guide will help you.
The three major factors to guide you with dosing are, Potency of the CBD product, Weight of your pet, and Health Problem you’re looking to relieve. Because the research is limited we suggest consulting your veterinarian before starting your pet on CBD in case they might have advice to share with you. But, a safe rule of thumb for dosing pets is 1mg of CBD per 5 pounds. Which means a dog that weighs 30 pounds should take 6mg CBD per serving.
To begin; start with a smaller dose and watch for reactions. If your pet is reacting well then increase the dosage until you find the right formula. Also keep in mind that if you are using CBD for general wellness, not to target specific relief, you may not need to give your pet the entire suggested serving size. But, if you are aiding a specific health issue like joint pain or separation anxiety, you may want to give your pet a bit more than the suggested serving size. CBD is not toxic to mammals and you will not hurt your pet if you give them too much.
There have been countless positive experiences involving CBD and pets. As more research is done in the future, they will continue to back these wonderful experiences up. The AKC Canine Health Foundation is sponsoring a study, through the Colorado State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, that will evaluate the use of CBD treatment in epileptic dogs. The Foundation says that this will be the first study to gain scientific data on the use of CBD in dogs with this condition.
Another recent study done regarding pets was how MCT oil affects pets having seizures. The MCT oil was well-tolerated and there was a statistically significant improvement in seizure control while dogs were supplemented with MCT. This was noted as a reduction in the total number of seizures reported each month and a reduction in the number of days each month in which a seizure occurred. MCT oil supplementation is a valid tool for use in the treatment of canine epilepsy.
Here are a few tips to remember when searching for a quality CBD product for your pet.
- Look for organic, ethically grown material. This will not only provide a higher quality product, but it will also leave less of an impact on our planet.
- Be aware when it comes to price shopping. Some cheaper products may come from overseas with lower quality control and less attention to detail. Pay attention to the total mg of CBD that is in the product and not solely the price range.
- Make sure whoever you purchase from always provides the latest test results for the material in the products they sell.
- Many people say they like starting with a CBD Oil product, rather than a treat at first, so they can figure out the right dose drop by drop.
PET TINCTURE 150MG
Our HempX 150 mg Pet CBD Oil Tincture is made with MCT oil and can easily be given to your pet orally or into their food bowl. Our Pet tincture comes in a 1 oz bottle and is 30 servings. Each full dropper of our Pet tincture contains 5mg CBD. We strongly believe that HempX CBD products are top of the line and we hope you enjoy the benefits for your beloved pets.
- 5 mg CBD per serving
- Premium Broad Spectrum Formula
- Proudly sourced from USA hemp
- Guaranteed third-party lab tested results
- 1 oz.